Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Welcome Back 4A!

Dear Parents and Families,

Welcome back to 4A! My name is Ms. Chaudhury. I hope you had a wonderful winter break. A few of you may have seen me as an assistant teacher in a 5th grade classroom, however I plan to finish out the year as the lead teacher in 4A. Along with being your child's teacher, I am also the Science Curriculum Coordinator for Archway Arete. I feel honored to teach your children for the rest of the school year. Here is some more information about me:


I was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but soon after I was born my parents were tired of shoveling snow and moved to New Orleans, Louisiana. However after only 2 years there, my parents did not enjoy the hurricane season so we moved to a suburb near Dallas, Texas. A few years later the humidity was too much, and my parents finally decided to call Arizona home. I completed middle school and high school in the valley. I attended Arizona State University, where I spent most of my time in a research lab or working in a hospital when I wasn't in class. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Biochemistry and Psychology. 

I always thought that science was my only passion, but in my later years in college I realized how much I enjoyed teaching and mentoring young minds. After graduating I decided to pursue teaching as a career before attending graduate school. So far this school year I have learned so much in the apprentice program with Mrs. Mason, and observing the great teachers of Arete. I'm excited to put my new found skills to use in our classroom.

When I'm not in the classroom, I'm usually walking my dog Jack, reading a good book, or watching a comedy TV show. I also love practicing new recipes in the kitchen, and spending time with close friends and family. Additionally, I am an Indian classical dancer, and spend my weekends teaching at my dance school. 


The classroom may look a little different than you or your child may remember. However, I plan on this transition going as smooth as possible. I am excited to meet and interact with each child in the class. I cannot wait to see how your child grows. I feel very optimistic that these new few months will be great with you and your child a part of our classroom. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to reach out to me by email: TChaudhury@archwayarete.org. I hope to see many of you at our Meet the Teacher night on Thursday, January 11th. 

Best,
Ms. Chaudhury


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here comes summer break!

We are officially on our last week of school! The time has flown by, especially these last few weeks. I'm so happy I was given the oppor...